The Presbytery of Charlotte’s Community Disaster Response Team invites you to become a part of their ACTION Ministry!
Formed in 1999 after Hurricane Floyd struck North Carolina, this Presbytery of Charlotte ministry has had to mature from necessity responding to 2005’s Hurricane Katrina and its challenging aftermath. Since then we’ve continued to….
● sponsor and support mission trips primarily throughout North Carolina and the Southeast
● supply our churches with onsite trailers for food, clothing and disaster supply collections
● provide low-no cost supplies transportation for local agencies/Haitian relief/ Presbyterian Disaster Assistance
“To provide opportunities to serve and support our church community’s response to disaster”
THE THREE MINISTRIES OF THE COMMUNITY DISASTER RESPONSE TEAM
- Trailer Ministry: Supply trailers for church collection drives/medical and shower trailers for disasters.
- Transportation: Move food, medical and disaster supplies for local and national non-profit agencies.
- Mission Work Trips: Sponsor, lead and support teams working in local, state and national relief areas.
We invite you to join a team where we put our faith in motion, hold others’ needs above our own and demonstrate God’s love in action .
Members of our team are available to speak to your group or organization about this ministry. To schedule a presentation, obtain more information, or, if you would like to join our team contact Charles Metzler at email@example.com or call 704.906.4436.
Did you know that overseas military members can use expired coupons up to six months past their expiration date? Military families stationed overseas are often living on one income and money can be scarce. Let’s support our military by showing them some coupon love!
Please join us in sending your unused or expired coupons to Military Families.
• Manufacturer coupons only! (No restaurant or store coupons)
• Coupons are good for 6 months after the expiration date. Please include coupons no more than 2 months past expiration.
• Coupons need to be single cut.
How do I sort the coupons?
Coupons need to be divided into 7 individual groups as listed below:
1. FOOD – self explanatory
2. PERSONAL – tooth care, deodorants, shaving products, cosmetics, feminine products, shampoo, body soaps, lotions, contact lens products, foot products, sun screen, lip balm
3. BABY and INFANT – diapers, wipes, formula, infant medicines, infant vitamins, toys
4. DRUG – pain relievers, allergy medication, sinus medication, constipation, diabetes products, weight loss products, supplements, vitamins, bandages, first aid products
5. CLEANING – detergent, fabric softener, bleach, dish soap, dishwasher powders and tabs, bathroom cleaners, kitchen cleaners, carpet cleaning products
6. HOUSEHOLD – facial tissue, toilet tissue, paper towels, household tools (mops, brooms, soap dispensers), batteries, air fresheners, antibacterial wipes, insect repellant, disposal additives, garden products, insect killing products
7. PET – self explanatory
Use your best judgement on whatever you find that doesn’t fit and you will probably be fine.
Label the Bundles
• Try to use a baggie to separate your coupons instead of paper clips or rubber bands.
• You may put them in zip lock baggies or envelopes and put into the provided basket in the Vestibule.
• We have also put some packets in the Vestibule for your convenience. Pick up a packet, clip and sort your coupons and return to the basket. Please do not seal the envelopes so they may be reused.
We welcome any donations to help cover shipping costs. A dollar or two really helps.
Thanks so much for helping in this Ministry!